Monday, March 02, 2009

Jake's new favorite pastime

Jake is really into letters and the sounds they make right now. I sure hope that keeps up once kindergarten starts. He likes to tell us a letter and we are all supposed to say words that start with that letter. It is funny because doing this with him I'm reminded how tricky some of the letters are. For instance, the letter C sounds like a K a lot of the time. The word "one" and the word "won", they sound just the same. I love how eager Jake is to learn new things. Sure, I have my days when I have answered so many questions that I am ready to hand over answering duties to Bryan when he gets home, but I love it none the less. Here is a little video of Jake thinking of some words last night after dinner. Some times I wish I could freeze him this age. We love him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This stage is extremely cute, and the next stage will be just as cute. He's going to be a great student when he gets to kindergarten. The role of a parent is to always be ready to answer all the "why" and "how" questions.

The Bluths said...

"That's my cousin Jake? Do it again mom."