Tuesday, May 11, 2010

This kid turned 6!

Our old Jakester turned the big 6 on the 29th of April. We started the celebrating by going out to a Mexican restaurant a couple days before. I have a picture of him in a huge sombrero on my phone, but I can't seem to get it on the computer.
At school, on his actual birthday, we sent treats and he got to wear this awesome birthday crown.
We had to wait a few days for the rain to stop, but when it did we had a little party at the park with a few friends. It ended up being windy and cold but at least it did not rain:).
Here he was with the cake. He asked for a cake with dinosaurs fighting transformers. Not the easiest thing to come up with. So I did the best I could, and luckily he is 6 and not too picky apparently because he said it was "the best cake ever!" So not true, but it is his vote that counts.
Here is a little about Jake these days... He loves being a big brother. He likes to tell Kate what to do when ever he gets the chance. Kate usually wants to be doing whatever Jake is doing. We were talking to him about Bry's new job and that he(Bry) would be gone a lot. I asked him if he wanted to be the man of the house while Bry is gone. His face lit up and he said," Yeah. Does that mean I am the boss?" Sorry Charlie, not quite. He also LOVES talking to Ian, usually in baby talk. Ian thinks he is pretty great too because he will typically smile and talk back. Here they are watching a little Curious George together.
Jake loves school. He seems to be learning so much every day. It is amazing to see how much he has learned since the beginning of the school year. That being said, he does not like homework. When he noticed he did not have very much school left he said,"I will be done with homework for the rest of my life!" If only...
He is a ball of emotion. He has had a lot of "best days ever" because he enjoys fun moments so much. When there is something coming up, like Christmas or his birthday, the countdown is almost more than he can handle. You can see the excitement brimming out of him, and he has gotten emotional more than once wanting things to come faster. It can be a little rough when things aren't going his way because you are sure to see a few tears, but it is just because most things mean so much to him. When we told him that we were going to have another baby last year, he got so excited that he cried. How sweet is that!?
He likes so many different things. Transformers, dinosaurs, volcano's, riding his razor scooter and bike, drawing, coloring, taping, asking questions, and playing Wii to name a few. He likes to take my cell phone and take pictures of things. Looking at the pics later is always a good time. It consists of a lot of robots, things he built with blocks, or blurry Ian. I have had pictures of the inside of the toilet also. Fun.

I love that he is getting older but I also love that he will come and snuggle with me on the couch when he wakes up in the morning. He will still hug us goodbye, blow us kisses, and say he loves us when we drop him off at school. I know that will not last forever, but I love it while it lasts. He is sweet, kind, smart, and funny, and so many more things. He has a belly laugh that we get to hear when things are really funny to him, and it is one of my favorite sounds in the world. Some days I don't know what to do with him, but I sure don't know what we would do without him. Love you big kid!

3 comments:

The Bluths said...

I cried too when I found out you were having another baby. Just kidding, but we were pretty happy too. Jake's a cool kid, we can't wait to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet testimonial to your son. I can't believe how much he's
grown! Love all the cute pictures and Kate is so funny laying out all your videos! Darling little Ian just snoozing away!

Hulberts said...

Oh Jake! You are "the best 6 year old ever"!