Friday, August 13, 2010

Camping at the coast

My kids have never gone camping before. My dad thought it would be fun to give it a try. Plus it gave us a chance to go to the coast while we were visiting. It was me and the kids, Rachel and her kids, and my parents.
Here are the kids "helping" my dad set the tent up.

We cooked hot dogs over the fire and, of course, had s'mores. I was worried about the kids being cold in the night so I did not sleep that great, but they sure did. It is nice that Ian likes to sleep with a blanket over his face because it kept him nice and warm through the night.
Here is Jake's sleepy face when he woke up.
And here is the insane bed head that Kate woke up with.
After we packed up camp we headed to the beach before we left for home. Grandpa went with the kids to hunt for shells and crab claws.
Ian sat on my lap making silly faces.
We ate lunch in the cars before we left for home and there were a lot of seagulls hoping for food. My dad decided to get rid of our last bits of bread and he got swarmed.

The kids handled camping really well so I guess we should try it again some time.

2 comments:

The Bluths said...

Kate's hair made me laugh out loud.

Anonymous said...

Kates bed head pic cracks me up!!! and ian is od course adorable with his silly faces :)
Caitlin